Full Moon in Pisces - Monday, September 8th - radical compassion with ourselves and others

chalk wall pattern

We have a full moon tonight at 9:38 EST. This is a sensitive, powerful full moon and our 3rd super Moon of the summer! This full moon conjuncts Chiron (wounded healer), trines Saturn and trines Juno.

We could have life changing moments today and tomorrow.

This isn't about setting intentions for what we want (like new moon energy affirmations). This is release energy. So we take that thing we want and release what is blocking us from having it. For example we want excellent health so we release our attention from junk food. We want a strong, focused mind so we release our attention from distractions. Then we have this wonderful Virgo Sun to take the actions that set up the systems to support us to do this. The release is the big huge first step that supports all the baby steps that follow.

It feels like a good time to step out of development issues. This is the time to release any energies that are wounding us. With Mercury squaring Pluto some deep fears can be released. Mercury is in Libra so other people are involved here.

These fears are the self-sabotaging stuff that keeps us stuck and makes us more comfortable playing small.

With Venus opposite Neptune this will highlight projects, money and relationships. There are excellent aspects for physical healing now (releasing the emotional component of an illness).

Pisces and Virgo are opposite signs, but really the opposite sides of the same coin. The balance of these two signs is where we bring God (life, the universe or whatever word you feel most comfortable using here) to earth through our actions of service.

Virgo/Pisces service is about the highest levels of service and compassion - it doesn't take on the burdens of others - compassion holds a higher vibration. It's not about removing the pain or suffering of another person which we literally can't do because the karma (ie energy attraction, cause and effect, our perfectly pre-planned, but not predestined life experiences) - that created it in the first place will just recreate it in another form.

Pisces is the last and final sign - the place where the buck stops - Pisces energy knows this.

Pisces compassion shows patience, lends an ear or a shoulder without the need for recognition - without the need for thanks - knowing the service is its own reward; the work is often invisible. 

It holds open doors and the spaces for others to be strong and courageous and confident. This is the power we hold now - we can see "who is doing without" and know what needs to be said or done. 

There are magical spaces for simple hospitality to create real change now. A stranger isn't really a stranger.

For more about the Full Moon the Mystic Mamas blog has a great post HERE
 
In my own life this healing is working through a long Saturn transit and since about 1 in 5 people have a difficult Saturn complex (although almost every human being born in patriarchy is subject to this feeling to some degree) on their natal chart, the healing energy now makes me think there is value in writing about it.

The smartest way to handle a Saturn transit (and my natal Saturn squaring my Sun makes me somewhat of an expert on this since my entire life is one long Saturn transit - imagine a stern father looking over your shoulder all the time!) is to know that often limitation has value.

A Saturn complex creates a feeling of things not being OK just as they are - this can give us high standards, drive and ambition, but also the feeling we have something to prove. In a natal chart these will simply be qualities of who we are - like having green eye and blond hair. Saturn's little inside joke is that we better enjoy what we are doing because there are no additional rewards for getting it right or being perfect.

The process is an end in itself and not a means to an end. Ultimately Saturn teaches us to love and value ourselves and not look for validation from outside sources. I think I will have to write a post about this.

For today - stay centered - let's choose our words carefully - they are powerful now and the less we speak today the stronger our words will be tonight when we need them. Get into water. Take a bath. Walk barefoot in that full moon tonight, even if you have cloudy skies, I can assure you the moon is still just as powerful. 

Set your intention to release what isn't working - be advised this is a very strong moon and this 'stuff that isn't working' will release. This may or may not feel good. If there are big things in our lives not working, a release intention at the full moon, can change everything. Let's be brave. Let's do what we came for.

4 comments

lynn bowes said...

Thank you.

You know, it's a funny thing about the Universe. As I read thru your posts I think to myself, 'OK, that's how I'm going to approach my day.' But being human, I forget. However, the next day I go back and re-read the 'instructions' and find that it all worked out that way anyhow. With no particular direction from me. Or interference from me, I should say. The Universie is unfolding as it should.

And one more thing and I'll let you go, my favorite verse is Hebrews 13:2 and it keeps popping up in the strangest places lately. Your little "Be Kind" in yet another reminder - like MTV PopUp Videos! My brother read it at my niece's wedding last week, I found it on a church bulletin from 1954 she I was going thru some old family photos over the weekend, etc. Time to pay attention a bit keener.

xox : as you were

Catherine Ivins said...

It's so funny you should write Hebrews 13:2 because after I wrote this post I thought I need to use the word 'hospitality' because it keeps popping up for me and then my phone rang and I forgot to add it in somewhere. I will go back to it. Thank you.

"unfolding as it should" ... such a magical journey I agree totally, it is sometimes more painful to be 'awake', but we'd miss too much to go back now!

xo Lynn

DancingMooney said...

Hey Cat!

This summer has been full of all kinds of things for me, and I've been meaning to catch up with you because like Lynn says, your posts always coincide with what's happening in my day to day... but it's been nice releasing that feeling of obligation to blogging - I needed to let that go.

August was full of tension in love, and in business you could say this spring I started from scratch on a new idea that blossomed at first, then fell apart quickly over summer... leaving me feeling like I'm starting all over. Again.

I read someplace recently that Virgo's tend to keep starting over with things, and I am probably at a point that I need to figure out how to release that... it's nothing intentional on my part but maybe it is. I don't know.

Relationships in my life are changing in the coming weeks, things I've known would come, I hate when I can predict things about people... but perhaps it will make some bonds stronger. Hubby and I bumped heads a few times in August for who knows what reason, but in the end we realized we were both simply taking each other in the wrong way, and I think we had a little learning lesson, these things always make us stronger. I guess we gotta rock the boat sometimes, can't always be smooth sailing, can it? :)

I hope you and yours are well. I've been meaning to send you a message - and have been thinking about you!

xoxo
Janell

Catherine Ivins said...

Hey Janell- so glad to hear you are doing well! Virgos probably do like beginnings since it is the most controllable part of a venture! Ack!
I am just learning to appreciate the beginnings of things this year!
Bumpy relationships - I could write a book about my life now...

One way to look at relationships is to look at your moon and your venus - so for you libra moon which is all about relationships (past lives spent in relationships, emotional balance found through relationship) and venus in leo - so the intention to have more power in your relationships this lifetime - you are young though and this is a process! tell your husband you need him to tell you what a great partner you are 1/3 of the time (support your libra moon) and how generous, fun loving and passionate you are 2/3 of the time (support your leo venus) and you have that taurus ascendant which puts scorpio on your relationship axis - so lots of sex - shared intimacy is a must for you in a relationship - some people can live without it for a long time, but it is pure life force for a scorpio axis! xo