SAVE MIQUEL



The Portuguese cork industry has begun a campaign designed to argue for the greenness of corks versus screwcaps and plastic wine stoppers.

Cork is natural, completely biodegradeble, can be easily manufactured and recycled without producing toxic residue - in fact all the things screwcaps and plastic stoppers are not!

Furthermore, harvested cork trees absorb 3 - 5 times more carbon dioxide than non-harvested trees and cork harvesting is a vital source of rural employment is done without chemicals and fertilizers and without destroying the cork oak.

I get my cork for my uncorked jewelry from the wonderful harvesters of Portugal and they need our support! SAVE MIGUEL Buy your wine with cork stoppers guys!

1 comment

Chakra Pennywhistle said...

Great message:) Thank you for the info. in this post!

YAY!!! I have been wanting a blog from you! Totally bookmarking:)

Keep up the amazing work. As for your treasury rule number 8, I totally agree. I am totally there for ya and your work:)